BAHINI Educare Foundation (BEF) is a Non-Governmental, Non Profit, Non Political and a humanitarian Organization established in the year 2014. Registered in the District Administration Office Kaski (# 3154/070/71) and affiliated to the Social Welfare Council Kathmandu (# 38527/070/71), BEF was co-founded by Mr. Raymond Lindinger and Surendra Pariyar.
The CEO, Mr. Pariyar, has been working in the field of “Prevention of worst forms of abuse and exploitation” for over 12 years and he is an expert with a strong commitment in helping the most needy and underprivileged girls and women in Nepal.
The meaning for “Bahini” is-“little sister” and girls and young women are our main target group.
The Foundation has the objective to reach out to the poorest and most vulnerable namely single, destitute mothers/grandmothers with dependant daughters and in lack of the most basic needs and beset with permanent difficulties. Our projects are governed by various grass root projects: a) Educare Family, b) Education Support c) Improved Cooking Stove d) Health, hygiene and Awareness e) CFLG.
It has been our declared aim to prevent the worst forms of abuse, exploitation and trafficking of girls in Nepal. However, we are not excluding boys and it will always be situational to extend our support for boys. One of our “Educare families” for example is composed of four girls and two boys.
- Prevention of worst forms of abuse, exploitation, trafficking of the most underprivileged girls and women in Nepal.
- Empowerment of girls and women in Nepal by means of education, vocational training and awareness programs.
- Prevention of malnutrition by providing nutritious food to the poorest/marginalized.
- Addressing Rural poverty and Widowhood
- Providing single mothers/grandmothers with dependant daughters’ food, education & healthcare to ensure better livelihood and decrement in poverty.
- Restoring the dignity and respect for widows with dependent daughters.
- Education, Health care & Counseling
- Making sure children especially girls are not deprived of education.
- Providing basic health care to the poorest & most underprivileged.
- Providing counseling to the mothers and children alike.
- Addressing Child Friendly Governance & Human Trafficking
- Empowering girls with awareness on child rights.
- Prevention of child marriage and child-pregnancy.
- Prevention of trafficking by means of Education, Awareness & decreased poverty
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of destitute single mothers/Grandmothers with dependent daughters and support them to live a life in safety and dignity.